Lessons I have learnt from working where I work, a boarding kennel/groomer/doggie daycare facility:
- Old men are disproportionately likely to have dogs named Buddy. Buddy is disproportionately likely to be a Golden Retriever.
- Boston-area pet owners love naming their animals Brady and Bruin. I have only seen one Lucic.
- People take it as a personal offense when I tell them we need to see an updated copy of their animal’s vaccinations.
- Christmas is both the best and worst time of the year. Worst because it is absurdly busy. Best because our regular clients buy us fancy chocolates and fruit baskets and gift cards to classy grocery stores.
- The more money someone is spending, the more likely they are to argue over a $2 medication charge.
- “That cost more than my vacation!!1” is the new “It didn’t have a price tag so it must be free right LOL”
- Once one dog pees in the lobby, you might as well not bother putting away the mop because it’s going to happen with 10 other dogs that day.
I’ve signed up for this BzzAgent thing, and they sent me a Schick HydroSilk razor for free (sweet). I have to say, I’m still amazed that women’s razors are so focused on being ~silky~ and pretty and full of fancy giant lotion pieces that they forget they’re supposed to be, you know, shaving. Plus even though they’re better overall, the razor head replacements are just so pricey.
I love birds. My mom is a birdwatcher and growing up we always had at least one bird feeder on/around our house, and a big bag of bird seed by the front door next to our winter boots.
There’s me with some birds at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh.
This weekend was also the Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s Great Backyard Bird Count. I’d planned on participating but due to unforeseen circumstances was unable to set up my birdfeeder at my bf’s house. Instead, I will treat you to some bird-related items from around the internet.
I love this guy! He’d make a great addition to pretty much any surface tbh.
What better to store all of your bird-themed jewellery and knick-knacks in than an owl on a stump?
Speaking of bird-jewellery, this is one of my favorites. I have one and wear it every day! It’s very small and light and dainty.
This has both flamingos and what look like penguins! How could you go wrong?
And finally, we have Vandring Uggla. I have one of these and he fits perfectly on the top of my Lervik Ikea bed.
So, that does it for this quick list. Hope you’ve enjoyed my brief overview of some nice bird items to be found on the internet!
For the second day in a row, I put my underwear on backwards and didn’t notice until halfway through the day.
Welcome to my blog.